Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Quirky Tag

I got tagged a few days back by my good friend Kelley. Now I don't particulary object to games of tag, but this particular one has been going around among all my friends and it's getting hard to find people to tag who haven't already done it. So I decided to take a page from Grace's book (blog), and go halfway--I'll do my post, but not pass the tag along. So here goes.

1 - Link to the person who tagged you
2 - Post the rules on your blog
3 - Write six random things/unspectacular quirks about yourself
4 - Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them
5 - Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog
6 - Let the tagger know when your entry is posted

Hmm, six random things about me?

1--This one's for my old roomates--you know who you are! I cannot talk on the phone while sitting/standing still. I pace--up and down, or around in circles. Back in my college days I shared an apartment with 5 roomates and one telephone with a very looong cord. They used to lock me out of the living area when I was on the phone 'cause the pacing drove them crazy. And I used to get all tangled up in the cord...ah, the good ol' days :-)

2--My favorite food in the whole world is fresh nectarines right off the tree. My grandparents used to have a nectarine tree, and when we visited in the summer, I could eat them by the dozen. mmmmm...

3--I graduated from college with a total of 258 credit hours, of which 128 were required to graduate. The extra credits included Cantonese, Social Dance, German Choir, and Molecular Genetics, in addition to various AP and IB exam credits. I majored in Archeology...

4--My family's nickname for me was "Hermit" because I liked to retreat to my own space. In a family of 10 kids, being an introvert isn't easy...I still need time to myself; I love it when my husband takes the kids out to the park when he gets home from work!

5--My husband and I lived in the same apartment, in the same room, before we were married--just not at the same time! Here's to 109 A. Richards!

6--I love to read, and often have as many as 5 or 6 books going at a time--I'll pick up and read from whichever one is within reach when I sit down to nurse a baby...(about the only way I really find time to read these days...)

3 comments:

3in3mom said...

I remmeber those day--even though I was the "seventh" roommate it was so funny to see the ways you'd tangle yourself up!

Kelley said...

That's funny that he lived in 109 A. Richards, too. Did that stay a girls' dorm after we were there, or did it convert back? My memories of that apartment are much more vague than the vivid memories I have of..oh, I just forgot the apartment number we were in before. Hee hee. Well, at least the memories there are still vivid. :)

By the way, do you remember the day the top blew off your pressure cooker with the beans in it? I still remember Jessica exclaiming "That steam had direction!" So many fun memories.

Paula said...

Oh yes I remember the pressure cooker--wasn't it Jessica who thought the kitchen was on fire and we were probably all dead? By the way, I still have that pressure cooker. I think it was your parents who got a new rubber gasket for it; my parents were so far away it was nice to have someone take care of me.
Harris 60 wasn't it? You know, we really should have a reunion one of these days!