Tuesday, August 26, 2008

How to impress a 3-year-old boy

Luke is totally into trucks and tractors these days. Dump trucks, bulldozers, excavators, etc. I brought home a couple of truck/tractor books from the library and he has hardly let them out of his hands--they go everywhere with him, along with his matchbox trucks. I was reading his books to him and pointing out the different machines I have tried operating: bulldozer, excavator, forklift, semi... back during an Air Force training class I attended in Florida. He think's it's pretty cool that Mom got to drive big trucks! I'm still not as cool as Uncle James who flies helicopters, though.
On another note, I was very impressed with Lily this morning. She got out of bed this morning and got out paper and drawing materials. I noticed her drawing lots of little circles down in one corner of the page. When I came by later to call her for breakfast she had just about completed her drawing--eggs, caterpillars, pupae, and butterflies (five of them). It was really, really neat. I love it when my kids do things like that!

No comments: