Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bible Reading Challenge


Rachel over at A City On A Hill is hosting a one-year Bible Reading Challenge, and I have decided to participate. Here is the information from her site:

Here is what you have to do -
1. Read the three chapters a day - after reading them, pray for at least 15 minutes, for anyone who needs prayers and for your heart to be opened, and whatever else you need. (You can also leave a comment here, if you want me to pray for you or someone you know needs prayer. I would be happy to pray for you or anyone else that needs it. :)
2. Post about what you read on your blog when you read your Bible, giving the Scripture you read and what it meant to you.
3. Make a category for this on your blog to post your posts in.
4. Announce the Challenge on your blog, using the icon and banner I made.
5. Sign the Mr. Linky, which will be on every one of *my* Bible reading posts, with the link to *your post*. (So I can check it out!)


I'm excited to read the Bible all the way through. The first time I read straight through the Bible from beginning to end was when I as a teenager. I think I've done it once or twice since then, but it's not my usual method of study, and it's probably been close to 10 years since I read that way. So I'm excited to get started.
If anyone wants to join us you can sign up here.

3 comments:

Miss Rachel said...

oh tank you for posting about it! I am so glad that you are joining me in getting to know your Bible better. I hope many more people sign up. :)

Thank you again and I can't wait to read your Bible Posts!

Love,
Rachel
http://dixonhomestead.com/rachel
Matthew 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Kelley said...

I started reading the Bible straight through about a year ago, but got seriously hung up in Deuteronomy. I think I'd like to do this with you, though I'll have to figure out the logistics of adding it to everything else I'm adding in right now.

By the way, Ambleside Online is AWESOME! I've just read through most of it, and I intend to start implementing it immediately and reading CM's books, too. I am so pumped right now! Finally I have a road map for getting where I want to be with my kids.

Paula said...

Hi Kelley,

yep, I love AO. I spent most of the past two years researching homeschooling methodologies, curriculums etc; I felt like I was going around in circles, finding a lot that I liked but nothing that really seemed to fit. I finally found Ambleside Online and Charlotte Mason's works, and felt like I had come home. I'm not one to follow any curriculum or plan to a T, but I feel confident that I've got a good core to build around now.