Sunday, November 15, 2009

Everybody needs a sand drawer of their own...

The kids and I were in the kitchen fixing lunch earlier today. Lily opened a drawer and discovered it was half full of...sand. Luke promptly declared: "That's my sand drawer I made!"
Of course. Everyone should have a sand drawer.
This evening, Lily was helping Dad clean out the "sand drawer" (i.e., remove the odds and ends that had originally been in there and separate them from the sand so the sand could be returned to its natural outdoor habitat) and decided this was the perfect time for an archaeological expedition. She found a small paint brush and used it to carefully reveal various hidden "artifacts" in the sand.

4 comments:

Catherine Agnes said...

I want a sand drawer!

maryanne said...

Good thing this happened at your house and not mine! I love Lily's decision to turn it into an archeological dig!

Paula said...

Catherine, I definitely think you should have a sand drawer! Luke had hidden various of his special treasures in there as well--things like little cars. In his mind it all obviously made perfect sense.
maryanne, I agree it's a good thing it didn't happen at your house--I'm pretty sure the Daddy over there would have had a very, very hard time understanding the need for a sand drawer!

Breezy Point Mom said...

All I can say it, "bless your heart, Paula!"