Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Favorite Things


Our assignment this week is to write about favorite things. Now Miss Jocelyn suggested a nice list of favorites we could write about--web sites, memes, blogs, etc. Trouble is, although there are certainly resources I appreciate online, and I've mentioned one or two before, none of them really qualify as my favorite things. So I'm going to tweak the assignment and write about those things in life that really are my favorites, in line with "snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes"!
A Few of my Favorite Things
Fresh mountain air
Wild blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries
Walking on a beach at sunset
A starry sky out in the country where there are no lights to dim the view
Holding a sleeping baby
The way I feel after running four miles
Reading to my children
Playing chamber music with my family
Singing Christmas carols
Talking with friends
Dancing
Watching children at a zoo
Puppies and Kittens
A home-cooked dinner I didn't have to fix
The little songs my children make up
Long-distance phone conversations with family
Real, handwritten letters
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Vegetables growing in my garden
A ripe peach straight off the tree
A cold shower when I'm hot and sweaty
Figuring something out myself
Water-rounded rocks
Mountains
Pine Trees
Hot French Bread
My children's firsts--first steps, first words, first talk in Primary (Junior Sunday School)
A baby's laugh
Cornfields
Running across green grass
Singing hymns
Listening to my dad read aloud
Watching my husband playing with our children
The world is beautiful and God is good, and there are times when beauty and goodness and love seem to overflow. Those are the times I cherish.

3 comments:

Breezy Point Mom said...

Ooooo, I really like your list a lot. Many of them are / would be on my list of favorite things, too.

The Three Little Bears said...

Hot french bread bombs. It can make a really crappy horrible day such wonderful. Really enjoying following your blog. Thank you.

Kelley said...

I love it. Perhaps I'll make a list like this myself.