Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Resolutions

1- Gain some weight. Based on where I am right now, adding about 25 lbs by June would probably be good. Of course, loosing said 25 lbs between June and December would also be good, but realistically it tends to take me at least a year to get back to more or less pre-pregnancy weight (the exception was the year I tandem nursed--I think I lost all my pregnancy weight in about 3 months, and did it while eating a good 4000 Calories per day...)

2- Enjoy my children.

3- Love my husband.

4- Keep a more orderly home. This is the one that is going to take the most work. If you've ever lived with me you'll understand...

A Happy New Year to everyone! May the challenges and blessings of 2010 bring true growth and joy to you and yours.

7 comments:

maryanne said...

These sound like great goals.

Happy New Year!

B. Perky said...

Not to pop your bubble, but to some of us the end of the decade is next year.

Paula said...

I suppose when the decade ends depends on when it starts. In my mind, this decade began January 1, 2000, and midnight tonight will mark the passing of exactly 10 years since that date. If you count your decade from January 1, 2001, then the end of next year would be the end of the decade.

Maile said...

You're probably one of only a handful of people who have "gain some weight" instead of "lose some weight" as your resolution. :) Much more fun to be on your end of things. I don't believe in setting "lose weight" resolutions but I would like to increase my fitness level this year since I didn't maintain that during pregnancy.

Your other goals sound great. i also want to enjoy my kids more this year.

Renee said...

At first I thought you'd lost your mind with the gain weight resolution but I had forgotten you were pregnant - now it all makes sense

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the need to gain weight. I put that on my goals last year. I LOVE that goal.

Anonymous said...

I agree this is the start of a decade because we say "the 60's" or this decade I suppose was the 00's. =>