Thursday, December 10, 2009

Kids and Food

Luke has moved into a picky eating phase. I remember Lily going through a similar phase--she would reject most foods without tasting them. Often, if she could be lured into tasting, she would like the food.
Last night we had baked potatoes for dinner, and Luke wouldn't have anything to do with them. This morning, I cut up some of the leftover potatoes and cooked them with a little butter, salt and pepper. He looked at them and said "I don't like potatoes", in his best whiny voice. I put some on his plate anyway, along with his fried egg. A few minutes later he came and found me in the bedroom. "Mom, those potatoes are really good, thank you!"
You're welcome.

2 comments:

Breezy Point Mom said...

What a great story! How great that he could admit he liked them. I think I would have been too prideful to admit that.

Amber said...

So is the moral of the story that you just need to walk away and pretend like you don't care one way or the other if he tries the potato? Hmmmm, I think it's worth a shot the next time my kids won't eat something. Although I'm willing to bet my kids are bigger stinkers than yours :)