Thursday, March 26, 2009

What's keeping us busy...




These little guys have been hard to photograph--most of my pictures seem to turn out blurry. Introducing: Prince (black and white) and Princess (gray and white) our foster kittens. We signed up with the local animal shelter last fall to foster puppies or kittens in need of bottle feeding. They called me last Friday and asked if we could take two 1 week old kittens. We get to keep them until they are 6 weeks old. Bottle feeding kittens is a lot of work, but as you can see I have good helpers. The kids are loving the kittens, and I am loving watching my kids enjoy them.

6 comments:

Maile said...

What a great experience for all of you! I can only imagine how hard it will be to give them back in a few weeks.

Breezy Point Mom said...

Oh, what a sweet memory for your children! I'll bet they are having a blast. They are pretty little and cute.

Catherine Agnes said...

what beautiful kittens! They look quite content in those careful little hands :-)

Kelley said...

How wonderful! Would you want to keep them longterm?

Romany said...

What a wonderful experience! Do you have to get up in the night to feed them too?

You are not going to believe this, but the verification word for this comment is fluffi. {g} How appropriate!

Paula said...

Dorothy, that is hilarious. Hmm, wonder if the computer knows something?
I got up to feed them the first night, then decided they wouldn't starve to death if they had to wait till morning. I feed them right before bed and first thing when I get up. They're growing like weeds!